Sunday, March 16, 2014

C4T #2

Assignment #1
For assignment one I was assigned to Kathleen Morris' Blog. Her blog post was titled, "The 2014 New School Year". She lives in Australia and in January they were starting a new school year. She is still on maternity leave from having her daughter, Novalie. Kathleen talked about how much her life has changed since she had her child and how much teaching has changed since she started teaching. In the past, maternity leave would have meant being cut off from the education world. Not anymore! She has stayed up to date by following blogs, education websites, twitter and such by utilizing the internet. It seems that she has a great personal learning network and she is getting the most she can out of it! I commented on her post telling her where I was from and how I got to her blog. I left her the link to my EDM310 blog. I told her a little about what we are learning in EDM310. I also complimented her on how involved she was with education while not even being in a classroom. She asked what her readers were looking forward to in our new year. I told her how I want to keep pursuing my degree in Elementary Education and how I am most looking forward to a mission trip to Nicaragua this summer!

It's A Girl!


Assignment #2 My second assignment took me back to Kathleen Morris' Blog. This blog post was titled, "Looking Back, Looking Forward". Since she had not written any new posts since my last comment, I went to one of her older ones. This post is from when she was packing up her classroom for her maternity leave. She tells how she has been at this same school for almost a decade now. She was puzzled at what to pack up to keep and what to trash. One thing she was defintely getting rid of was worksheets! What used to be the busy work that she loved was not something she loathed. Kathleen tells how much more engaging something hands on is rather than just an activity for students to do and pass time. She is leaving those worksheets in the past! I commented telling her how neat it was to have read this post second because I got to see how she was preparing to be away from education and already knowing how she overcame it! It was a great post and I got a heads up at how much teachers love to hold on to items over the years. My mom most definitely keeps things "just in case" she might need it years down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment