Sunday, March 2, 2014

C4K February

Over the past four weeks I have been assigned a student's blog to read and interact with. With C4K ( Comments for Kids ) I have really seen some cool writing activities for children. The posts really bring out the children's creativity!

For my first C4K assignment, I went to Jillian's Blog. Right when you get to her blog, you know she loves animals. Mainly cats! She has two cats named Adipose and Ewok. The post I commented on was about how Jillian did not do a lot of stuff that week, but she did take Ewok to the vet. She also had made a new Cat Stat tab on her blog and was planning to add both her cat's measurements. I commented on how I loved the names of her cats. She responded to me wanting to know if John Hadley Strange was from the same Alabama University because she had seen his name on her friend's blog. I responded back letting her know that yes, he was my professor at South!
 Jillian's cat, Ewok.


My second C4K assignment sent me to Andrew H.'s Blog. It is titled "OMG Target Takeover ;)". In his post he talked about what he would do in Target if he got to takeover for the night. His idea would be to decorate it so well that when the employees got back, they would want to pay him for how beautiful it is. I commented and told him where I went to school. I also told him how Target was my favorite place to shop. If I got to stay overnight in a store and do whatever I wanted, Target would be a great place to pick!

My third assignment sent me to Al-Baraa's Blog. His post was about Iron Pants. It is a new game that was made to replace Flappy Bird. Flappy Bird was an iPhone/Droid game. You would tap the screen and try to maneuver the bird through a series of pipes. Iron Pants is the same thing, but HARDER according to Al-Baraa. I commented on his post telling him where I was from and my high score on Flappy Bird. He replied with his high score and how annoying the game was. He sounds like a fun kid to be around!
Iron Pants


For my last assignment for February I went to Aye Yoo RJ's Blog.. His blog post was titled "Project". It is about how it would be if he and his friends were the last 3 people on earth. It was kind of a graphic post. It talked about how all the people were killed and how some were abducted. It turned out to just be a dream! I commented and told him that he was a very good writer. I also told him how glad I was that his scary story turned out to be a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment