Sunday, February 9, 2014

C4T #1

I was assigned to read Angela Maiers' blog. She is a speaker, an educator, and a writer. The first blog post I read of her's was actually a guest post by an English teacher, Brian Denesha. It talked about how some teachers, the ones who really have an impact on your life are immortal. They will live on with their student. He often referred to Edward Bloom's life in "Big Fish". He told big, elaborate stories. His son always brushed them off because they were not true. Finally, the son realizes it doesn't matter if the stories were true or not. What matters is that Edward will live on in his son from the stories he told. A great teacher will live on in their students. When you make an impact on their life, they will carry you with them. In my comment I told him about how I had a teacher that is now "immortal". She was my English and Literature teacher. She had a different way of teaching than everybody else. She was kind, genuine, and would go out of her way to help you do your best. She now lives on in me, and I hope I can bring to my classroom what she brought to hers.

The second post I read was Hutto Geniuses Choose To Matter. Mrs. Angela is a motivational speaker. She dared the 6,000 students in Hutto, Texas to realize their capability to be geniuses. It was a two-day project. They got to break into groups and choose what real world problem they wanted to solve. They were given free reign and challenged to work together. The students came through with amazing thoughts and ideas. This video shows some of the progress made on this two-day adventure! I was really excited to see a post on a type of Project Based Learning. It really went along with the research we did for our presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment