Sunday, February 2, 2014

Blog Post #3

In What is Peer Editing? and Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial I learned so much that could be super helpful when editing my peers in EDM 310. Not only will the knowledge help me with this class, it will continue to help me well into my professional career. My students will need constructive criticism and I am thankful we had this assignment. The most important thing we can do as peer editors and educators is to STAY POSITIVE! No one wants to hear how horrible they did. They want to hear what they did right and how they can fix what they did wrong. Give compliments!! While staying positive, suggest what you think could help make their work better. Don't beat around the bush when trying to point something out, be specific! Finally, you should correct your peer on things that he/she might have looked over.

I also got to watch Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes. It is a humorous video put together by children with excellent advice! By using names like "Mean Margeret" and "Picky Patty" they help to identify the negative ways you can peer review. Each set of students showed a different problem that might arise. Most could be fixed with positivity. Other problems could be fixed by staying on task and paying attention. Each example was great and really got the point across. Be thoughtful when peer reviewing and don't make the Top 10 list of mistakes!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this post I found you to be clear with your thoughts. That was nice. I'm glad you were able to glean so much from the source material.
    My only "criticism" would be about the lack of a picture on this post. It was my impression we should have a pic on every post we make.
    Keep up the positive attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post Aaron! I did not realize that. I have now updated my post with a picture!

    ReplyDelete