Sunday, April 6, 2014

C4T #3

For my third C4T assignment, I was assigned to Michael Kaechele's blog. Michael is an artist transformed into a teacher. He strongly believes in learning by doing.

The first blog post I read and commented on was titled, "I'm an extroverted introvert". He considered himself completely an introvert until people asked him why he thought that. Once he thought about it, he also considered himself an extrovert. Sometimes he likes to be alone and sometimes he likes to be surrounded by people. The whole point of his post was to help people realize that students are all different. As educators, we should make sure that our classroom accommodates both kinds of students. I commented telling him where I was from and why I was there. I told him that I also considered myself an extroverted introvert. I usually love being around people, but sometimes you just need to be alone. His post made me realize how I should be conscious of how I approach a student. The more aware I am of their personality, the better relationship I can have with my student.

The next post of Michael's I commented on was, "Why you shouldn’t attend conference sessions". Just by the name you can tell he is not a fan of conferences. Although, he still likes attending them. Why? Because of the people he meets there! The most information he gets from conferences is from interactions in the hallways. He recommends following the hashtag #Miched to learn from some of the best educators! I commented telling him how the title really caught my attention. I have been excited to attend any kind of education conference since I have heard Dr. Vitulli talk about the art conference she was attending. I will remember this post for the future and know the sessions are not the only place I can learn from!
Learn From Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment