Sunday, January 19, 2014

Blog Post #1

When I signed up for this class I was absolutely terrified. My roommate had taken the class a year before and told me horror stories. She told me how hard it was and how unless I work and work and work at it, I will not receive an A. She scared me to the point I did not want to go to our first class this past Tuesday. However, one of my sorority sisters reassured me that I would be fine. She told me that it is a lot of work but when you figure out how to manage your time, you will do just fine.

My fear in this class is that I will slack off mid-semester. I did this in a few of my previous classes. But I feel confident that this class will teach me to be more professional and to not slack off. Deadlines are deadlines and I must follow them.

Being a sophomore I am just now getting to 300 level classes. So many classes before now have been "burp back" classes. This includes high school and college. I never thought much about it until Dr. Strange sent out an email before the New Year, informing us that this class would not be one of those classes. Most teachers would hand over a study guide, sometimes with the exact questions on the final or test. Then they would tell us the answers. This was supposed to make us "prepared". But all we were doing was "burping" it right back to them. This class is going to be far from that. Now I am starting to look forward to diving in farther to this class. It will be teaching us responsibility and helping us to be more professional.

My most difficult thing to tackle in EDM 310 , I think, will be finishing by deadlines. I have always been a procrastinator. With so many things being due each week I could easily forget to due something.

With the above statement being what I think to be the most difficult task in EDM 310, I will have to find a way to get around it. I love that Dr. Strange provides us with a Checklist. This has all the projects and due dates at my finger tips. Hopefully, with this tool, I will be able to get rid of my procrastinator habits QUICK.

I still have questions about how we will be getting involved with students from across the world. I am excited for this opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. "My fear in this class is that I will slack off mid-semester." then don't do that this semester! It is up to you!

    "Most teachers would hand over a study guide, sometimes with the exact questions on the final or test. Then they would tell us the answers. This was supposed to make us "prepared"." And you pay money for that? How unfortunate!




    ReplyDelete
  2. "My fear in this class is that I will slack off mid-semester." I do this myself, so you're not alone. But, if you want to slack, here's my advice. Do all your assignments a.s.a.p. Be ahead of the curve. You have the instruction manual and everything. Do as much as you can as soon as you can. That way, towards the end of the semester, you'll have a little breathing room. It's what I did last semester when I took Dr. Fregeau's class.

    ReplyDelete